Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Two Days

I am winding down some projects at work in preparation for my time away.  This is actually going better than I thought it would.  I have been actively managing expectations on the part of project managers and customers.  2 more days - I hope nothing hits the fan at least until after I leave!
Since I have the time, I have been evaluating what items I am bringing with me.  Do I take the good camera or just use the iPhone?  Originally, I had decided on the phone, but I have changed my mine and am bringing the good camera.  I have a mini tripod for it, and using the timer it makes for good self shots. (like I want on the Rainbow Bridge in Kansas)
Similar with other camping gear.  I am taking some out of the trailer.  The Coleman stove (and griddle and oven and pots and pans) is staying home.  If I were going on a camping trip, I would take it.  But most of the time I will be in campgrounds it will be a late arrival and early departure.  So being able to cook my own meals has a bit less value on this trip.  Less value than the cubic footage of the gear for this extended road trip.
These posts have been dry without any photos, so here is a shot of the bike and camper on the trial trip last fall.
Final preparation tonight.  Final packing tomorrow.  In to work on Friday and leave at noon.

1 comment:

  1. wow sounds like fun! hope the weather for you is good, cuz that riding in the rain shit just aint fun lol

    ReplyDelete