Tuesday, June 4, 2013

West coast planning in full swing

Cleveland, San Diego, Seattle, Cleveland.
Those are the major points defining the route, but it is all the in-between bits that I am most excited about.
I plan on following most of the Route 66 corridor on my way to San Diego.
My girlfriend Marion will fly out to San Diego and we will watch the July 4 fireworks there.
2 days in DisneyLand and then LA to see my brother Eric and his girlfriend Lulu for a few days.
A few days in San Francisco and Marion will fly home.
I ride solo up the coast to Seattle, and then home.
Maybe stop in Jackson Hole (I hear the scenery is good there)

Here is my tentative route (for now)
The only fixed points on this trip time wise are the airports to pick up and drop off Marion.  Yes, DisneyLand, but that immediately follows San Diego.  The rest of the trip is going to be loosely organized.  I have plenty of time off.  The bike is getting the final prep and maintenance.  We are just starting to set aside the items we want to bring with us.
The excitement is building!

No comments:

Post a Comment