Sunday, June 30, 2013

America's Main Street

Oh, I was looking forward to getting this shot. The Rainbow Arch Bridge.  There are some places where you have to look for the old 66, but this is one of the key icons.  The rest of the day was spent looking for other signs.
I would say that this Skyliner is a good sign.
Restored gas stations - check.  But more than the 'historic' 66 diners and museums, I have enjoyed being off the highway and in the local towns.  Take the minivan out of this small town shot and it could be from any era.
On the ride, I am almost to Texas.  1349 on the tripometer.  HOT ride today.  Pushing water.  Three bottles between each fillup.  I am picking up some Gatorade to keep the electrolytes up.  Had a great evening at the KOA ( near Foss?) visiting with the neighbors and am ready to turn in.  Good fortune will see me to Albuquerque tomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool! Id love to do a ride like that but I don't have the money, or the bike for that type of trip! If I were a millionaire and could afford to buy new clothes everyday eat out each meal, and stay in a hotel everynight than I could probably deal with the discomfort of riding on my crotch rocket but zero storage space and not having a way to pull a trailer would not be good for a long road trip like that

    ReplyDelete